Monday, November 19, 2007

Early Festivities

  • The Christmas season started for me on Saturday. As my last post states, Trans-Siberian Orchestra rolled through town as they do every year around this time. Since they are a decidedly Christmas act, it helps for one to be in festive spirits prior to the curtain dropping. It makes the experience even better. They delivered the same energy-charged rock performance they are famous for and the utility I experienced far outweighed the cost of admission.


  • I got me a 360 today. All of the necessary set up is complete. Now maybe I can enjoy a game or two. I am going to definitely have to take Mike up on his offer to lend Halo 3 to me. Not just because that game is the reason I chose the XBOX specifically, but because I have a month of XBOX Live Gold to toy with. I plan to get into some multiplayer action almost immediately.

  • Training was...uh...memorable tonight. Class began, and an hour later I walked out with a limp and a black eye. I learned first hand the effectiveness of stopping a kick with one's foot, and what happens when a person with 15 years of To Shin Do experience "accidentally" tramples all over you (making things look like an accident is a neat trick we learn over the years). I am glad to have had these experiences because I now understand the effectiveness of what we are learning. Besides, for any martial artist to truly excel at their respective arts, I believe such experiences are imperative. I look forward to learning more. The hard way if need be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home