Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gilbert, ho!

Wow. I am already at 100 posts. It is amazing how quicly I have come to this point.

Anyway, as some already know, I am moving out of the townhouse and into a house on November 10th. I get to get out of Mesa - which has been my sole complaint about my current living conditions - and back into my original Phoenix area hometown of Gilbert. For those of you unfamiliar with the area, Gilbert is the only town in Phoenix (if not the entire state) without a nasty, run down ghettoish area. Some in the area may think of Queen Creek, but they must remember that it is a cheap place to live becasue it is in the boonies. With that comes the low-income rabble that bring with them meth labs and the sort. Gilbert has virtually none of this. The best part is that I get to move in time to deck out my house for Christmas. Usually, I make it so my place can be seen from space. yee haw!

So, how 'bout some music? Let's do some Progressive metal this week. That being said, why not roll with Symphony X and their new (and I think only) music video. The song is called "Serpent's Kiss".

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

North of Elliott, east of Gilbert Road, in the Cottonwood area, west of that middle road whatever it was. That's your Gilbert slum. It's not exactly Broadway and Country Club, and it's a far cry from 17th Avenue and Buckeye, but it's there.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

That area came to mind before I posted this, but it is right in old town Gilbert. Just like Downtown Mesa (which is less attractive), I wouldn't feel like I should be carrying my piece walking through it at night. It is just old. And with it, a resident demographic as old as rocks. The road you are thinking of is Burk. It is what Mesa's 24th street turns into as it jumps south of Baseline.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home