Thursday, February 21, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

I have too many things going on right now. I wish I could say that after this weekend, things will clear up, but the things accomplished this weekend will simply result in different things to do. I will try to put a full account of the goings-on on Sunday or something. No promises.

This week's anthem is actually two-fold. I am rolling with one of my favorite bands, Nightwish. Of all the female-fronted bands out there (aside from some Heart), they are the only group I can stomach for more than about three minutes. In fact, the musical direction the original Ekosphere singer and I were talking about going is pretty similar to the second song. That probably has a lot to do with the similarities to Jen's voice.

Anyway, the reason for two anthems is for the purposes of comparison. The first features their old singer, Tarja Turunen, and the second features the new singer, Anette Olzon. As you will see, Nightwish could not have gone in a more opposite direction. Respectively, the songs are titled "Wish I Had an Angel" and "Bye Bye Beautiful".




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home