Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Time Passages

I should fully make that song this week's anthem. But I will spare you.

Today is Kristin and my 9th wedding anniversary. We kept it relatively low key. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for some (you guessed it) cheesecake, and then caught a movie. We saw National Treasure. It was a good movie. Not great, but entertaining. It was just nice to get away from the kids for a couple hours.

The anthem is going up early this week because of pressing school issues combined with a weekend-long seminar with one Brett Varnum. He is a 6th degree black belt in our system and one of the senior instructors. This should be a good time.

In other news, Mike Bahr (linked at right) and his wife are going to have their baby this weekend. Her induction is scheduled for Friday and unless her labor is 72 hours long, this baby is coming in a couple short days. So a huge congratulations goes out to them. It will be probably a month before I see Steph again as it is a bad idea for too much exposure to outside people. I do look forward to meeting little Ali (that is what you all will be calling her, right?) when the time is right.

I am going to bring the anthem this week home. Phoenix metal band Flotsam and Jetsam (Jason Newsted's pre-Metallica group) did a fantastic rendition of Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting". Considering what I am about to go through this weekend, it seemed fitting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph! said...

Thanks for the well wishes, we're kinda freaking out over here, but I'm sure we'll be fine. Allie is ready to be born and I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home