Monday, January 28, 2008

A show of hands---one more time

Three years ago, I played my last live gig. With the exception of the crowd-pleasing rendition of The New Kids on the Block's "Hangin' Tough", it was an utter flop. This has left me with an overwhelming bitter aftertaste that I thought would disappear over time. This turned out not to be the case. After one last failed attempt to get a band together, I decided to drop any ambition for musical projects. This kind of mentality has gotten me through the last year and a half or so, but I find myself more and more wanting to get out there and play shows.

I am happy to report that I have at least one more show forthcoming. Mike (Bahr, linked at right) and I have decided to dust off our acoustic guitars and play a show for one of his work functions. Apparently, there will be somewhere around 3000 people at this event. This is three times the size of the largest audience I have played for to date, and even then, I was in high school when I played in front of these sizeable audiences. I am sure he and I will sound better than my high school bands did. Who knows where this will lead? He and I have a very cohesive vision of the type of project we would like to do ideally, so this could be the beginning step of a bigger project. Personally, if I ran into a solid drummer or lead guitar player, I wouldn't mind checking that avenue out. This is of course sometime down the road, and as it is, I am just fine with the acoustic thing too. We already have some songs on deck that we want to play, so the ball is rolling. We will have our first practice tomorrow. The gig is currently scheduled for sometime in early April.

So Mr. Seppy, you may yet get to see me play a show sometime. I, for one, don't see any reason why this would have to be a one-gig deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home