Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'll bet you didn't know David Copperfield used to sing metal

I kid of course. But the singer in this week's anthem looks a lot like him. The singer even has that "I don't look like I belong in a metal video" look. Much like the look David Copperfield would have in a metal video.

This week's anthem is a song by one of the best arpeggaic guitar players ever. His name is Yngwie (pronounced "ing-vay") Malmsteen. Most of his work is instrumental, but he does have singers on occasion. As many of you already know, the videos I post are of the cheesiest in existence. This video is no exception. It looks like it was directed by the same guy who did Dio's videos. Complete with the unnecessary sword-spinning Viking in the beginning. Cheesy as it may be, one cannot help but notice the musicianship by the band. Even the singer as out of place as he looks is solid.

So here you go - Yngwie J. Malmsteen's "I'll See the Light Tonight".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home