Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Give and Take

Well, Christmas is over. As many of you know, I love Christmas. Always have. As such, I have put myself in charge of the family get-togethers. Christmas Eve, the party I planned with my family in Tucson had just under 50 attendees, and then for Christmas day, Kristin and I hosted dinner and games for about 12. I love planning these things, and I plan to do it for years to come. I am however, relieved that it is over. I can finally relax. Maybe. My father is in town, and he is a bit of a go-out-and-doer. Because I keep a full schedule when he is around, I am not going to have much time this week to post, much less what should be tomorrow's anthem.

I did want to comment on the gifts Kristin and I exchanged. I bought her a nice blender with a food processor attachment and gave her about $200 cash (for curtains). Not a bad haul. Kristin got me a flashlight. To be fair, she did ask if I wanted video games or something, but I opted for the infinitely less idle pursuit of my martial arts training. There are some seminars coming up in January and February involving senior instructors (including my instructor's instructor) that came up just shy of $200. Then I also bought a long sleeve T-shirt and a kusari fundo rope that took me over the top. But the whole point here is the flashlight. Kristin has a pretty good sense of humor when she isn't trying to conceal it. I will just let you view the following clip before I go on:



Yeah, so Kristin and I have seen that sketch a couple times since it originally aired, and she laughs her arse off every time she sees it. It has been a while though. So she was out shopping and came across it. Needless to say, I was quite proud of her and her humor. What's more is that there actually arose a need for a flashlight. So...let's just say I put on a show for my in laws (who didn't catch it) that nearly embarrassed the female.

Since Christmas is over and I am pressed for time, I am going to post this week's anthem today. I know it is Wednesday, but I will spare you all the ghey song. A late Christmas present to all. We will end the year with one of Black Sabbath's best songs. This is from what i consider their more palpable material after Ozzy left and Ronnie James Dio joined. This is also after Tony Iommi stopped with the sloppy guitar playing. So that helps. The band now goes by the name of their first album with the current lineup "Heaven and Hell". The song is called "Neon Knights".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home