Monday, September 10, 2007

I believe it is the Eagles who suck, Mike...

In response to your last comment, I have to agree with one thing: the Lions beating the Raiders doesn't mean anything. The stats were great, but the true test will be when they play a real team of consequence. The Fox Sports pre game show hosts believe the Lions will be this season's surprise team. I hope they are right.

As for your precious Eagles, I saw that game. Arizona has a lot of cheese heads, so we get quite a few Packers broadcasts. I am sure you were stuck with the Skins game, so let me clue you in to something: the Eagles couldn't beat the Packers. That is sad. I was rooting for them too. Any loss the Packers get makes the Lions record look all the better. So I am disappointed in your boys. And Donovan McNabb may as well stayed home.

Ok, now for my official general football post. The games boradcated here in Phoenix were the Broncos at the Bills, and the Bears at the Chargers, and of course the Eagles at Packers. Of all the games I have seen so far, the most entertaining, by far, was the Broncos/Bills game. The last second field goal for the Bronco win was the stuff of legends. I couldn't believe it. The Broncos are my favorite team in their division, so I was happy with the outcome. To the Bills credit, they played a huge game. They did lose their man Everett indefinitely which sucks. I hate to see people's careers ended like that. What's worse is they think he may be paralyzed. The funny thing is that the hit he took didn't look quite that crucial.

Anyway, the Cardinals game is on, and they are looking retarded. I suppose I should get back to watching it. I am not optimistic about their season...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So my boys had a little trouble with special teams...they'll get it straighted out.

Yeah I got saddled with Skins/Phins which was an ass game. Then Bolts/Bears wasn't much better. But Sunday night surprised me.

Cowboys/Giants was watchable for the most part...which is hard to believe since they are much hated rivals of my beloved Eagles. It helped that it had fantasy implications.

I watched some of the Cinn/Balt game but not all of it. Held my interest through the half. None of the CArds/49ers though.

Predictions.
Eagles will end up in the play-offs (Wildcard) if McNabb can stay healthy. Of course they will suck as once in the play-offs like always.
Lions will suck just so I can mock you, though their kicker will have an insane year since he is on my fantasy squad.
Pats will make it to ATLEAST the champion games if not the Superbowl because I hate them so by law they must do good.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

The Seeker is a great tune, so bite me.

As for your predictions, I think the Eagles will get their act together enough to make it into the playoffs.

There was nothing wrong with the Lions performance on Sunday which is good, but I reserve my official opinion of their season for probably after the Eagles game. They will lose that game because the Lions aren't super great on the road coupled with the Eagles being a hard team to beat at home. If the Lions play well considering, then I may have to get excited for them. They will have a great kicking game regardless.

The Patriots are not the team to beat this season. I see them in the AFC championship game, but I am not convinced they are going to the Superbowl. They have too much opposition this season. Plus, I predict they will lose a few key players along the way.

As for my own predictions based on what I have seen thus far:

The Packers will continue to suck. Their win against the Eagles was a fluke in the form of "the packers always come out of the gate strong".

The Chargers have a few kinks they need to work out, but I think they have a good shot at the Superbowl if they can keep their running game in tact. No team, not even the Patriots have the tools to effectively shut the Charger rush force down.

The 49ers are in for another horrid season. They put on a piss poor show last night. Even still they beat the Cardinals, so I think I don't need to get into the season Arizona has to look forward to. Let's just say that on paper, the Cardinals should be the best team in the NFC. Then again, that was the case last season. hmmm....

The Broncos and Bills will both do well. The game they played was incredible. But the Chargers and Patriots WILL shut down their Superbowl hopes.

The Bears won't do much this season. Their pass offense sucks too hard. And by pass offense, I mean Rex Grossman.

Cincinatti and Baltimore will have exactly the same season they had last year.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

The Cardinals will be fine. That game was them feeling their oats and finding their confidence. It all came down to plays where the PLAYERS failed to execute. Not once, not like in the Denny Green days or the Vince Tobin days or any other days, did the COACHES do teh stupidz. The coaches not only prepared a pristine game plan, but they had sound enough contingency scripts to... almost... overcome a failure of player execution. Over the course of an entire season, and well into next, that coaching wil make a difference. Trust me, the Cards are fine. They could open 0-4 (realistically) and still make it to 9-7 this year... the schedule is THAT skewed.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

The ESPN Sports Center guys were saying exactly the same thing. My only issue is whether Leinhart can get himself together. He was in terrible form.

All the best coaching in the world means noting if you don't have the players to back it up. The reverse is also true, of course.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...your love for the Lions isn't even worth a coke?!?!?!?!

I don't care if McNabb and Westbrook are out for the session and they have a cheerleader in as the QB I would STILL bet a coke that the Eagles could beat any team out there.

So are you going to man up and bet a coke already or do your Lions mean so little to you?

10:40 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

I think you are a little overconfident in your Eagles. They can't beat any team out there. The Pats and Chargers would make quick work of them any day of the week.

If I went ahead and bet you a coke on the Lions game, you would win. Then your win would wash out the Coke you already owe me for the bet I won. Remember? I told you that the Who would play "The Seeker", and you didn't believe me.

Tell me again...what was the second song they played?

No, I think I will go ahead and keep that Coke you owe me.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home