Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yeah...I LARP

I like to think that I am above those who role play. Especially those who LARP (live action role play). I am an elitist prick. I have made peace with that a long time ago. So imagine the gut shot I took the other day when while having a conversation about LARP geeks, Michael (Stinson) pointed out that what we do in training is basically LARPing. I didn't want to believe it right at first. But then I thought about it. The attacker in any given technique we do does some trash talk, the defender tries to calm the situation which usually escalates, then the maneuver is performed. This is every time. We condition to react in stressful situations as best we can. This is why this stuff is so great. It is unlike any Ninjutsu school I have ever been to - even though the style has evolved almost completely independently. One day, I will blog about it and also blog about the real origins of Ninjutsu.

So How about an anthem to roll into the weekend with? I haven't put any Ozzy up yet, so I will pull the first track of his best album, "No More Tears". The song is called "Mr. Tinkertrain".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://collegefootball.ytmnd.com/


~Marty-Mar

9:34 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

Martin!

Hey bro, I need you to call or text me. When my phone disappeared, I lost your phone number.

Where have you been posting blogs? Or have you stopped altogether?

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home