Friday, August 24, 2007

In the company of geeks

Tonight I attended a graduation at the Quest Center to cheer on some of my peers as they advanced to the next level in their training. Evidently, there is always a buffet of food for an after graduation celebration. So a bunch of us sat, at, and talked about things outside of martial arts.

As it turns out most of the students I see regularly are into various gaming. I even found me some more Magic players to compete with. We got to talking about getting a game night together one of these Fridays. We would have several games going on at a time, and they would certainly vary, but I can guarantee some Magic will be thrown down. Now I am thinking about purchasing Settlers of Catan.

Anyway, this revelation helped me to understand more of why I feel I am going to see extended family everytime I step foot in the dojo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Cool, new players for our group. And hey, what do you know! I have a home with a pimp new playing table! :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

Indeed you do.

However, that table will be played on by you, John, and I. The people I train with are even more casual players than I am.

They are all be willing to play during our sanctioned game nights at the dojo. You would most certainly be invited as these nights will not be limited to students.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Settlers of Catan is an awesome game. BTW, you are SOOOOOOO gay for playing games of magic and what not.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home