Monday, March 02, 2009

High kicks, low quality acting, and fireballs? YOU BET!

On Saturday, Mike, Justin, and I went to see the new Street Fighter movie. It delivered all the cheese I was hoping for. At the same time, there were elements of it that can be taken seriously. This combination made it an enjoyable experience.

Basically, the movie centers around Chun-Li, but more importantly, they creators are designing this the same way "The Avengers" is being done. They are introducing one main character at a time (the movie alluded to Ryu being the focal point of the next movie). This group of people are known as the Order of the Web. More or less, take all the good-guy characters, and form them into a group of individuals who are not quite superhersoes, but can perform all the tricks in the games. Yes, even fireballs.

We shall see where this series goes. The acting wasn't all that great, but the guy who played Bison was spot on. Oh, and the style employed by Chun Li and her father as Wushu. This is of course not at all a martial art in the martial sense, but more of a glorified gymnastics routine. No wonder daddy lost his fight. Amazing Chun Li won hers.

Speaking of martial arts action, I finally got around to posting the montage from the training festival I went to in October. I am not in any of this because my part couldn't be captured well on camera (unless the camera was 5 feet away). My part was to get pwned by my instructor (the demonstrations were for black belts only).

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I learned my lesson with 'Ultraviolet'. If my brother thinks it looks good then suicide is my only option.

Shockingly he thinks the Chun Li movie looks like absolute garbage so I am safe. Plus I have better chance of getting Megan Fox's number then getting his wife and kid to let me steal him away to watch a movie.

Last movie I remember seeing with him was 'Kung Fu Panda' and that is only because I tagged along with him and his wife.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - this is Aaron. I am at work and can't log in and keep my job...

Anyway, that sucks that your sister in law so utterly pwns Joey. I have three kids, and I got no crap whatsoever about seeing this movie. In fact, the female insisted I go so I didn't drag her to it.

This movie was much better than Ultraviolet in that it was entertaining.

We haven't spoken in a while...I will try to call you - or you me.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Speaking of bad movies I think I got my next DVD retail.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/54927/movie-trailers-chocolate

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will have to check that.

I got your message. I work until 10pm your time now. I don't work weekends though. Give me a call when it is convenient. Even tonight if you want so long as it is after 10 pm.

~A

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home