Sunday, February 01, 2009

They are who we thought they were...

...and we let 'em off the hook. Crown them if you will. Savor the flavor, Pittsburg fans - even though your team barely won (as it was looking like AZ would have done), a "W" is a "W".

Both teams played an amazing game. As a fan of football, it had all the "edge of your seats" content that makes the game so great. Though I am not at all happy that the Steelers won the game, I am proud of how the Cardinals performed. Pittsburg had to earn this win. Many Cardinal nay-sayers thought it would be no contest. Well, at least that ridiculous notion was put to rest.

That being said, I am also disappointed in how the Cardinals represented themselves in the penalty category. This cost them the game. Not until late in the game did they finally stop, but by then, the Steelers had too many points on the board. The game was low on turnovers, but the turnovers the Cardinals did allow resulted in a Steeler defensive touchdown and of course ending the game altogether.

As I lament the loss of the Cardinals, I will have to find silver lining in the fact that they are the best team in the NFC, they made it to the Superbowl, and they have proven themselves as worthy adversaries to the NFL's "toughest defense". The Cardinals are still my boys, and I look forward to an excellent 2009 season with them. They have surpassed my wildest expectations (and I think everybody's) this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home