Friday, February 13, 2009

A song for every person

With Valentine's day tomorrow, it seems appropriate to put some sort of romantic, mushy love song in what I hope is the re-emergence of my weekly anthems. However, not everybody is as fortunate as I am, and many are alone. Well, there is a song for everyone as it turns out. Since I will never post love songs on this blog for anthems, I will post a few this week. So here ya go:

Do you have a massive crush on someone, but are too shy to ask him/her out. Well, Lionel Richie has that covered with "Hello":



Did you just realize that you may love the one you're with? Whitesnake understands in their song "Is This Love?"



Do you have that special relationship where you and your significant other love hinging to eachother? There are two songs for you. Lionel Richie (yes, again. I have been on a Lionel Richie kick lately) did one of the most popular duets with a then 243 year old Diana Ross called "Endless Love". Since I can't abide Diana Ross, I am putting a video he did with a much better British singer on some limey TV show:



Perhaps you are single and loving it. Perhaps you believe you can love yourself in a way no one else is capable of. Nothing wrong with that. Here is a song Billy Conolly wrote for you all:



Whatever your situation, I hope you have a happy Valentine's day. As for the wife and I...we don't celebrate it. It is almost as stupid as Halloween, but I won't stop you all from having fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Are you somewhere feeling lonely, Aaron, or is someone loving you?

9:18 AM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

Kristin is loving me.

I did have to tell her how to win my heart, for she didn't have a clue-ue-ue.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Tell her that your love for her is like diarrhea -- you just can't hold it in.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

Actually, I regularly (pun intended) show her my diarrhea is is like my love for her. I can't - nay, I won't - hold it in.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home