Thursday, September 04, 2008

Back to School

Monday started yet another semester of school for me. After about three months of not having to do anything related to school, the work load has come as a shock. I have finally gotten myself in a position where I can take one accounting/finance course per 8-week session for the rest of my undergraduate work. This is good, because there is finally an end in sight. My classes for the next 8 weeks are financial accounting and business statistics. While I am excited about the accounting course, the statistics class seems to be a bit of a snoozer - odd considering they really do go hand in hand. The second 8 weeks of this semester will be spent in managerial accounting and some management course I have to take.

Anyway, I will be attending classes with no more than a 3 week break for the rest of my life as a student. This should get me out by December of next year. In the meantime, I need to decide what I am going to do by December of this year. GCU has just opened up degrees for their online students in Finance and Economics. I will be sitting with my HR director to go over my carreer interests to determine if I stay an accounting major, or I pick one of the other two. As many of you recall, I have been waiting for the finance major to open up since I began with GCU. I am reluctant to just up and change since i have done that so much in my life. I will do so if it serves my carrer goals. In the meantime, the classes I am taking and have taken are all required for any of the three degrees I am considering, so no time is being wasted.

This weekend should be nice. Friday, I will spend running errands with the family and going out to dinner as we do on a weekly basis. Saturday after work, I will go to Mike's place for some fun with a chainsaw (he needs to cut some of his Palo Verde down from injuries sustained during a monsoon storm) and then to play what I hope to be the entire Moving Pictures album on Rock band. After that, I am going to Nate's house for a UFC party. Sunday is the first day of football for all but two teams (a game I am watching now). I will watch the games and transfer all of the homework I have been doing at work to the proper format and submitting it. Yeah, I have enough down time at work where I have actually gotten all of my homework done. Good times.

Anyway, my brain being twisted around all this school work has put me in a mood. This week's anthem is indeed a joke, but I am putting it up anyway. I used to have a massive crush on the drummer of this band (when I was 10). I know I stated on several occasions that the vast majority of women are incapable of rocking, I have to hand it to these ladies because they can actually play their instruments. So allow me to present for your pleasure or torture - quite frankly, I don't care - Vixen and their song "Rev It Up":



In the mood for a power ballad?

6 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Don't slack in Stats... that is one of the most useful classes you will ever take. Understanding how standard derivatives are taken, how to use chi squares, how sampling affects the data, and so forth, not to mention how the presentation of stats slants the message... it was EASILY top five, maybe top three in real-life long-term learning value from among all my undergraduate courses.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

I have no intention of slacking. This is a core class. I will be taking it very seriously. I think my thing is that I don't understand the subject as well as I do my others. Regardless, I am looking forward to what it may bring to enhance my understanding of capitalism (I am assured it will).

I will also take to heart the value you have put in statistics.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Speaking of classes mine end around Dec 18th. While plans are not final I will probably stay the extra week to spend Christmas with my family. So I plan to be there either just before or just after New Years. The good news is that means I can catch TOS on Dec 14th when they roll through here.


Plans scheduled to change based on how Pods/Door to Door works. Plus I might have a co-pilot for the drive out so I might adjust my schedule around his. I think it is about time Martin saw what all the fuss is about don't you?

3:50 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

That is awesome. If you come out between Christmas and New Year's, we can do New Year's Eve out this way. I have Jan 1 off regardless of whatever my schedule will be.

Martin - if you read the comments on my blog, I strongly encourage you to make the drive with Mike. I agree with him that you should see what the fuss is about. Would love to have you out, show you around, and introduce you to my wessaiiide homies!

Mike - we should talk Sunday. I should be available all day, so call me when you have a moment.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice public school system you have out there. Remember to keep kids out of photography classes.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/17445706/detail.html

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home