Monday, July 21, 2008

Save the date

This morning I got the news from Mike and his wife that Jeff is engaged to be married. His blog linked at right (Love, Life, and Chaos) was how they found out. This evening at training, Jeff gave me a "Save the Date" in probably the most unique fashion I have ever seen one. It is a refrigerator magnet. So to Jeff and his intimate female acquaintance, I bid a heartfelt congratulations. Jeff has told me on several occasions over the course of our friendship that he would really like to find a meaningful romance, and settle down. Well, it seems he found it, and I am happy for him.

The timing is perfect too. He is getting married the day after Kristin and my 10-year anniversary. We were trying to figure out a relatively inexpensive domestic trip, and Jeff has provided us with our plans. And he says there is no God...

In my last post, one Joe Mullins challenged my challenge to the existence of the atom. I found the image of what he was talking about as well as an example of gold. Take a look: Sodium Chloride (which are sodium and which are chlorine?)

Gold

These images mean that the atom may exist, but these may not be atoms. But then they may be. In fact, they probably are. The images are blurry though. And are these encased by literal electron shells? OR...what if there are no electrons? What if there are no protons or neutrons, but rather the atom is an orb of perfect energy that serves the purpose chemistry has designated for it? Then isotopes would be imperfect atoms of varying radioactivity levels as opposed to having different neutron counts. Ah the possibilities...

I also don't think oxen exist. I have never seen an ox. I have seen large cows, but never an ox.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph! said...

The magnet thing is actually pretty common now... I think we have 3 still on our fridge from past events. Still, it's cute.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home