Thursday, July 31, 2008

Man, I love shark week!

I know it is ironic in that I am a total hydrophobe and can't sit through any movie involving the ocean (ie The Abyss, The Perfect Storm, etc), but shark week truly is the highlight of my summer. Sharks truly are amazing animals. That is all I need to say about that.

Music this week will be provided by a band called UFO. They were prominent in the late 70's/early 80's. They ended up disbanding and the guitar player/leader started his own project called the Michael Schenker Group. MSG played a lot of the UFO stuff in their live act. In fact, tonight's anthem - written in the 70's - I long thought was a MSG tune from the 80's. So here you all go, one of the songs that assisted in the invention of what would become 80's metal, "Lights Out":

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home