Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Dark Knight = \m/

Kristin and I got to go out for a few hours today. Most of it was errand related, but the morning culminated in a 12:35 showing of the new Batman movie. I am not the type to use spoilers in my postings, so I won't. I would like to point out a few things though (these are objective undisputable truths):

1. Yes, it does live up to the hype. Exceeds it in some cases.
2. Yes, Heath Ledger is the best Joker ever...even Nicholson. That being said, the Joker of 2008 as compared to the one of 1989 are so different from eachother it is unfair to make a comparison. Anyway, Heath Ledger was so good, it is actually quite sad that he died. Watch the movie. At the end you will see why I say this.
3. Christian Bale continues to be the best Batman ever.
4. Aaron Eckhart played the role of Harvey Dent beautifully. And the way he looks as Two-Face is like something out of a horror film. You may not want the kiddies to watch the last 45 minutes of the movie.
5. This movie would have been rated R had the director/producers not chosen to cut away during scenes that would have been worthy of the Saw franchise. Yeah, the Joker is pretty sick.

So far, this is the best comic book movie I have ever seen. Most of the time, one forgets that they are watching a live-action comic book. That is the genius of the writing. There is even a visit from an old friend from Batman Begins.

Leaving the movie, I wonder if they will cast a certain villain, or if they will go another route. The end of the movie leaves that option open. I will let you all see the movie first.

The anthem this week is "Alone" by Suicidal Tendencies. This song is amazing. I was in a band once that was going to cover this song, but none of us were capable. At the time, I was not able to play anything Robert Trujillo played. Instead, we played an older tune called "Pledge Your Allegience". In any case, enjoy this tune. I know I have on many occasions in my day.

Suicidal Tendencies - Alone


Actually, it does not appear that I can embed this one. Please click on the link up top. It will take you to the video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home