Thursday, March 06, 2008

I've Got Blisters On Me Fingers!

I kid, I kid. But I am surprised I don't. The action on my guitar is groin-grabbingly oppressive. If one can measure the distance from the fretboard to the strings in centimeters (note the lural), then one has a problem. That is, of course, unless one plays slide guitar - which I do not. I knew the action was a problem already since my hammer-ons are virtually silent, but the extent caught me off guard. A kindly member at the shooting range owns the guitar shop in Casa Grande. I was to buy a hardshell case from him. When he brought it in, we discovered two things: the headstock on my guitar has the length of a 12 string rendering the case he brought useless, and the aforementioned issue with the action. To rectify these issues, I have decided that when I go to Florida in April, I am going to have him fix the action at his shop, and fit my guitar for a case. In all, this will run $120. Not bad considering the case will be a Gator case. Look it up if you want more information on those. All I can say is that I have always loved the Gators I have had in the past, and they are typically not cheap.

Speaking of guitars, one of the songs I have been working on for the project I am doing with Mike is a little diddy by Extreme called "Hole Hearted". The song rules on at least fifteen different levels. I have been working on it since last weekend (when I have goten a chance) and have made considerable headway. It will be performance ready quite soon, methinks. It may even be a possibility for performance by this Saturday's barbecue the wife and I are hosting - in a medley capacity. Anyway, I have decided to share the very (I mean very) cheesy video with you all for this week's anthem. Enjoy!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Saucy Bastard,
I was looking at some flights that would get me out there for Maiden and I have some possibilities in mind. I'll give you a call tonight to check the dates and get more details about the concert. Long story short, I will be coming out over Memorial Day weekend!!!
Sincerely,
The M.S.E.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home