Sunday, July 22, 2007

Like I said, that's my boy!

Saturday morning, Jayden and I went to the dojo for training. My class was first, and as was the case last time, Jayden sat through my 50 minutes of training very quietly. When it was time for his class, he won the opportunity to ring the gong to signal the beginning of class. He picked up on the various techniques - most of which were grappling - fairly well. The crowning moment was at the end of class where he passed his white belt class. The kids get a much more physical test than the adults. Adults get more of a mental drill presented to them. Anyway, Jayden's test involved the head instructor swinging a padded bo staff at various targets on the body. Depending on the target Jayden either ducked, jumped, or shifted his body to the side to evade the attacks. Surprisingly, the attacks were not as passive as one would expect. Jayden got whapped a couple times, but managed to focus and avoid the vast majority of the blows. When he got his belt, I could tell he was very proud of himself. I know I was.

Saturday night, Kristin and I finally got a night out together. We went to see the new Harry Potter flick. It was decent. The cast (referring to Daniel Radcliffe and the other two main characters) now have passable acting skills...something they severely lacked in the first three movies. This movie wasn;t as exciting as the fourth installment, but was good nonetheless. Still...though the storyline was not as elaborate, Transformers was better overall. I wasn't expecting that.

Today I did nothing. It was great. The only notable thing I did today was I saw yet another new documentary on Egypt. It was quite interesting, but not as exciting as last week's.

This week will be full of Ninjutsu, Dream Theater, and Rush. I can't imagine how it will get any sweeter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home