Sunday, July 08, 2007

So Sad

As some readers may know, I had been waiting ever so patiently for the special edition of Rush's new album "Snakes and Arrows". It did come out on June 26th as I last reported. I have given myself ample time with the album before writing about it. Though it is better than their last album "Vapor Trails", there arte only 2 songs that were worth my time. Track 2 ("Far Cry") is actually one of the best songs they have released since 1989. The other good song (track 12 - "Malignant Narcissism"), which is an instrumental, rounds up the redeeming aspects of an otherwise underwhelming album.

Oh well. I really don't go to Rush shows to hear new stuff anyway. I actually haven't done that since 1993's Counterparts. From what I am told, the set list they have been playing has been pretty low on the new material. They know what their fans want.

Anyway, the family and I spent Saturday in Tucson visiting with family. As per routine, some of my aunts/uncles/cousins met over at my grandparents house for a cookout. We try to do this at least once a month. Another plus was that due to Tucson's higher elevation, it was only 103 degrees yesterday. To put that into perspective, it was about 112 in the Phoenix area.

Yeah, this heat wave sucks my two peaches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home