Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The rollercoaster rolls on down...

...Or does it?

It seems that Anthony and Jon have decided to move on in a different direction. I can't say I was incredibly surprised, but initially, I was a little disappointed. I will briefly explain, but since I think the details are the business of only Mike, Jeff, and myself, I will keep it short.

There was a lot about us they liked. They really liked Mike's singing (he was spot on all night), they liked the song Jeff wrote, and they liked my bass playing. They even asked me if I wanted to be their bass player. Every band I have tried out for has offered me a position in their band. I know I am good at what I do, but I try to be humble about it. As good as I am, I can think of plenty who are better. Some even in the local scene. Anyway, as flattering as it was, I have more or less married myself to Mike and Jeff. The best part of this band is that I get to play with good friends. It is almost like hanging out.

I mentioned before that I was disappointed initially. I had gotten my hopes up a little. I thought we jelled well. Then I thought about the fact that eventually, the more progressive endeavors such as The Oblivion Path would become an obstacle. I knew that wouldn't fly, particularly the with the drummer. At least that was the impression I was left with after practice.

So now we are back to looking for musicians. I am at a loss as to how to find them, so any suggestions would be great.

So that is that.

Below, you will find a video Mike shot of my band Ekosphere back when we were in separate bands. In fact, our respective bands is how Mike and I met (Jeff too). It is a cover of Evanescence's "Everybody's Fool". A song I would be happy if I never heard again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home