Thursday, March 29, 2007

Yes, I am a nerd...

...big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

It is no secret that I have a bit of a hard on for Star Wars. Every three weeks or so, Mike and I whisk ourselves to scenic Eloy, Az for a Star Wars Customizable Card Game (SWCCG) tournament. This game is similar to Magic: The Gathering (though much more complicated). After almost a year of composing decks that stand a chance against more seasoned veterans of the game, I think I may actually win a game or two.

I base this on the fact that Mike is excellent at deck construction. His decks have, in the past, absolutely destroyed me in what had to be record time. Because of this, I enlisted his help to make my decks better. With the exception of a few cards in each deck, he personally hand selected cards that would potentially obliterate any man sitting on the other side of the table...including him. Though I have yet to beat him, I have been consistently knocking his life forcde down to but a couple cards. Who knows...maybe when he and I run our practice games Friday night, I may actually defeat him.

If so, my jubilation will not come from beating my friend per se, but rather that if I do win, it will mean certain wins at the tournament. Considering I have only won 1 out of the last 11, some wins on Saturday will certainly be welcome. Reflections on the tournament will come in my next posting.

A bit of news on my friend Scott: He and his woman Melissa found out they are having a baby. So a congratulations to them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home