Friday, March 28, 2008

Best Gig Ever

Well, the gig is confirmed:

Live Nation Presents:

Bumpus Hounds Live
April 8th, 2008
Arizona Insane Asylum

Ok, I exaggerate a little. Unfortunately, we aren't big enough to be promoted by Live Nation. Also, I don't think the place is called the Arizona Insane Asylum. Make no mistake, even though that is not the official name, the venue is indeed a mental rehabilitation center. To that end, I have concocted an ultimate cover setlist. This will be the proper order, methinks:

(Welcome Home) Sanitarium - Metallica
Mama, Weer All Crazee Now - Quiet Riot
Crazy Train/Suicide Solution Medley - Ozzy Osbourne
Crazy - Aerosmith
Insane in the Membrane (folk remix) - Cyprus Hill

Oh man, the options are endless. There are even a few Suicidal Tendencies songs that would work well for this most inappropriate set.

All kidding aside, I am leaving Mike to the setlist. I know we are doing Hole Hearted (an anthem from a couple weeks ago), but other than that, I am uncertain. Oh, there will be a medley that will include "Join Together" by The Who and "Yoda" by Wierd Al. The rest of that medley is still in the air. If I get any pictures or video to post, I will certainly do so.

How did we get this gig? This is a state sponsored event and Mike works for the state.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How could you NOT take this golden opportunity to pay homage to the GREATEST band EVER!!!

'Stone Cold Crazy' - Queen

I am disappointed in you son.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

That is a good one. Another that comes to mind is "Goin' Crazy" by David Lee Roth.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike wants to know what Bumpus means.

I however want to know what is love?

Baby, don't hurt me.

Don't hurt me.

No more.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

I am not sure where the name comes form. Mike (Bahr) came up with it. I have his blog is linked on my main page. Ask him.

Personally, I put in my vote for "Cerebral Palsy", "Cleft Palette", or "Syndrome of a Down". They were all vetoed due to a conflict of interest with Mike's work.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Steph! said...

It's from A Christmas Story. The dad is constantly being pestered by those damn Bumpus hounds from next door.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that on the wikipedia and thought "Nah, can't be that. That's not gross enough.."

5:34 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

Mike was the mastermind behond the name. My ideas were gross or just plain inappropriate.

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See above.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home