Sunday, September 30, 2007

Oh blessed day!

Today was a beautiful day in the world of football. The Lions beat the Bears as I knew they would. They even had a league record-breaking 4th quarter scoring 34 points. The Cardinals also had an incredible game against the Steelers. The game was one of the hardest fought games I have seen in a while. From both camps.

Friday night Kristin, Jenna, and I went to my cousin Tamara's wedding reception. It was held at a place called Ashley Manor. Twas a very nice venue, and the food was great to boot. Jenna and I got to have our very first daddy-daughter dance. Jeremy also danced with his daughter, Hailey. The photographer thought the spectacle was cute, so she dedicated a good amount of her disk space to the dance. We got home kind of late only to wake up at 0-dark-hundred the next morning.

Saturday started early. The Quest Center participated in the annual Zoo Walk for Autism (guess where?). They asked for those of us who donated to try to represent at the walk. We had a good turn out, and with those of us who own a Quest Center t-shirt wearing said, we had one of the larger groups. It was good potential marketing as well. There were a few thousand people in all, so there is a better than average chance the school may be getting a phone call in the near future from one of them. The temperature never broke 81 degrees. Nice.

After the Zoo, we got lunch and took Jayden to his class. Because we were at the reception on Friday night, Jayden and I missed our graduation ceremony to the next level. At the end of Jayden's class, they gave him his demo opportunity and he recieved his first colored belt. For the kids, they get camoflage belts with a solid strip running through the middle. The first in the series is camo/yellow. It was a very proud moment for me, and Kristin also got to see some of what he has been learning. I expect that I should be getting my graduation deal after class Monday night.

After Jayden's class, I raced them home, then went back to the dojo to participate in the sword seminar. Since the sword is a traditional weapon, everything we learned was from the traditional Ninjutsu we rarely see in To Shin Do. My legs are still hurting a little bit from all of the knee bending. But lately, I am always up for a good workout, so I welcome the pain. It means I did something good for myself. In time, that pain will be non-existent.

In the evening, I met with Mike, Jeff, John, and Steph for a late dinner. I haven't seen them in a few weeks, so it was a most welcome outing. I didn't talk much though. My brain was so fried by the end of the day that I was having a hard time even expressing my thoughts with basic vocabulary. After dinner Mike, Jeff, and John went to see -itis (a band) play. Though I was invited, I was entirely too tired to go all the way to N. Phoenix. Steph was also exhausted, so I offered to take her home so the other guys wouldn't have to backtrack - it would have set them back by about 40 minutes (20 each way). Steph rewarded me with a Mexican Coke. It is the kind with actual sugar, not the high fructose corn syrup. This is always a welcome treat.

Today (Sunday) was fairly laid back. I did a butt load of school work, watched some football, then went to a park for a barbecue. It is my father in law's birthday, and we all thought it would be fun to have an outside party. We were wrong. As the sun set, the direct blast from its rays was smacking us in the face making it unbearably hot. I found it hard to eat. Speaking of eating, I am actually very hungry. To that end, I am taking my leave.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Ashley Manor is a tax on people who let the bride plan the wedding and tell her the budget is "oh, however much..."

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home