Monday, July 02, 2007

I started back at the range on a full time basis today, and I am happy to report that the lead trap problem is 100% resolved. The lanes still have the same issues they always have (and forever will until the 20 year old system is replaced), which further drives home that this Dan guy was just as effective as I was in that arena. Though it is kinda irritating that the lanes still break down as they do, I am relieved that it is all familiar territory. I look forward to taking advantage of the benefits of working at the range such as the free Concealed Carry Weapons class as well as taking advantage of classes that will help me fine tune my shooting skills. I will be sitting in on these classes on the soonest available date.


Saturday and Sunday were full-on family celebrations. On Saturday the wife, kids, and I whisked ourselves to beautiful South Phoenix to attend my niece Hailey's first birthday party. I tell you one thing: Jeremy and his wife sure make cute kids.


Sunday, about 20 or so family members gathered at my church for Jenna's blessing and then for a cookout at my place. It was really cool being able to involve Jeremy in it. Also, my niece on my wife's side of the family was blessed (she is only 8 days younger than Jenna), which I also got to stand in on. Always a good time.


Today, I had an interview at Grand Canyon University for their enrollment counselor position. It pays about what I was getting paid, in the $40-45K per year range. I was all but offered the job. I suppose they want me to sweat it out before an offer is officially given. Corporate America has this odd philosophy that this practice establishes some sort of credibility that an instant job offer wouldn't. I suppose to the weak-minded this Jedi mind trick works, but not me. I see through it.


Tomorrow will yield one of the few events I have truly been looking forward to this summer. After work, I will be meeting Mike at his place for some Magic and whatever else we feel like doing to while away the couple hours before we head off to the new Tempe Cine Capri where we will take in our childhood favorites: the Transformers. This is the movie I have anticipated above all others this year. I am a realist though. I know Harry Potter will be better as far as story, special effects, and altogether storytelling are concerned. I also know that with Michael Bey directing this movie, there will be a huge emphasis on a romance between the human protaginists Sam and Mikaela. The cheese factor on this subject will be high, and all it will serve is less splat between the Autobots and Decepticons - the primary reason many are looking forward to the movie. But, for nostalgic sake, the movie should prove to be most entertaining.


What's more is that the guy who did the voice over for Optimus Prime in the 1980's cartoon series is doing the voice for the movie. I am not sure what he will sound like 0ver 20 years later because in all of the previews, they never let us hear the voices of the Transformers. This was a good move on the part of Dramworks/Paramount. Leave us Transformer dorks wanting. I am drooling pretty heavily for this one.


Oh, and I'll bet you didn't know Optimus Prime is Jewish. No, really.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter Cullen is the MAN, he has over 40 years of experience doing voice work. So unless they are idoits and decide to try and 'improve' his voice with ditial effects, it should be spot on. From IMDB:

Though he provided vocals for the inhuman alien Predator in the Predator films and the voice of Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh, he is best known for voicing the heroic Autobot leader Optimus Prime in the animated Transformers series.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Digital!!!

WOW...I feel like Aaron and his Chode. Oh and my bad pun was ruined cause it removes caps from user name....

DeSepticon

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home