Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A day of great joy and comparitively trivial sorrow

This morning at 8:14 am, through my wife's loins came my baby girl Jenna Rachel Ketterer. She is a healthy 7 pounds 11 ounces making her the second heaviest child Kristin has given birth to. She is 20 1/2 inches long. Her hair is brown. Eye color...well, all babies aree born with blue eyes, so we will see where she falls. My oldest has green, my middle child has blue. Maybe she will have hazel or brown. I think it would be cool for each of my children to have different eye colors.

Jenna is very comfortable with me. A comfort my boys did not exhibit until months after they were born. She falls asleep easily when I hold her, and her cries are supressed just as easily. Maybe that father-daughter bond is already there as far as she is concerned.

Now my boys have a sister. They are very excited to have her in the house. As they should be. For those of you guys out there with sisters, you can probably attest to the special place they hold in your lives. The way we feel about our sisters is different, though no less intense than we do our brothers. I love my sisters well, and I know I will see that sentiment expressed through my sons.

Onto the other events of the day --

As Mike's comment clearly states, Dream Theater's new album was easily accessed, but the special edition fo Rush's new album was not. At least, not where I went. That is part 1 of the trivial sorrow. The other part is in Dream Theater's album. It proved to be quite underwhelming. Up until now, I have loved everything they have released. It just seems like they didn't try this time. Though musically there are some jewels to be found, they just didn't pull it off lyrically. In fact, the lyrics are downright awful in all but one song.

As disappointing as this is, they are still tied with Rush as my favorite band. They can't all be jewels, I suppose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Prophets of War is the second-to-worst song DT has done, lyrics-wise. The worst was Never Enough, for which there is no excuse.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home