Thursday, July 05, 2007

I have excercised my right

Yesterday, the family and I made our way to south Chandler for a cookout with Kristin's cousin April and her family. I have to admit, I was skeptical about whether I would enjoy myself or not, but I have to say it was a lot of fun. They have kids my boys' ages, so it made for an easy visit. The best part was when April's husband, Tye pulled out the meat for the grill. These good people thought it best to serve their guests thick, juicy steak all marinated differently. The meat was as grand as the house. For those of you who don't know, my favorite food is steak. Needless to say, I fell in love with these people straight away.


After dinner, we cleared the table and the adults (about 8 of us) sat to play "Boxers or Briefs". This was the first time half of the group had played it, and it turned out to be very entertaining. Even the more "offensive" cards were welcomed with open arms. Good times.


After the game, we had sundaes. April cooked up some home made caramel and hot fudge toppings. I tell you this: I was a spoiled boy last night. Soon after, we whipped out another game, "Blurt!", and then settled into the loft for fireworks which were going up about a mile or so away. The kids had fun, and the adults had fun. Usually, things don't work out that way. We should be getting together with them very soon.


Today, I decided to honor my forefathers service to rid this country from tyrannical British rule by purchasing my first firearm. It is a CZ 75 P-01. It is their premium compact gun. The grip is full size, but that's the way I like it. I am told my hands are big. This will be my carry piece. I intend to sit in on a CCW clss within the next couple weeks. It will have to be after I get my gun back from C and S. They give all employees of the range a free holster, but they don't have any P-01 molds. Therefore, I have to leave it with them so they can make eit. This will probably be Monday.


Here is a picture of my new baby:


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honoring your forefathers by getting a Czech Republic gun...AMERICAN MADE!!!


Speaking of the 4th (though I am not sure this was on the 4th but it involved fireworks), I still remember the time we fired Roman Candles off your bedroom balcony. Of course those were nothing compared to the fireworks IN your bedroom.

WHAA HEY!



Sorry I forgot if it was Wednesday, Thursday or everday.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Aaron \m/ said...

I know...but the CZ 75 did help the Czech Republic break free of the Iron Curtain. A curtain that, as I recall, was the bane of America's existence for a few decades. Maybe for that reason, CZ is just as good?

It is Wednesday, but Scott tells me he celebrates Wednesday Eve and the day after Wednesday. So you are safe.

Those were good times with the fireworks. I miss that bedroom, too. Having a balcony did not suck. But you did....

WAH HEY!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

well I carry an austrian piece, so what can ya say.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home